Can you guys believe that July is over? August is here, my friends. Summer is in its last month and school has started or starting soon. I for one cannot believe that I will have a Kindergartener in a few days! WHAT!!! I’m on such an emotional roller coaster its crazy!
This is honestly me on the daily the past few weeks. Like I’m super proud of the big girl Abbie’s becoming, but I’m so nervous at the same time because other than with grandparents, aunts, & uncles, she’s never been away from me. But 100% of the time I’m sitting there thinking HOW IS SHE ABOUT TO TURN 6. Why did I blink? Did I do enough? Was I loving enough? Parenting, am I right?
Anyway, now that July is over, let’s go over my goals, because even if I didn’t follow through or they’re halfway done, I need to be accountable. On Wednesday I will give y’all all the August goals!
- Schedule a playdate for the girls – I didn’t necessarily schedule a playdate, but we went to the pool and the girls played with other kids which I will take as a playdate.
- Workout 4x a week – I bit a bit more than I could handle with this one. I ended up working out for at least 2-3 times a week (sometimes before I went to bed!)
- DATE NIGHT!!!! – This happened last night, and it was so needed!
- School shopping for Abbie – Done and DONE!
- wake up every morning at 5am, go to bed by 10:30pm – this was a hard one, and a goal I want to turn into a habit. I think 4 out of 7 days a week I went to bed early and woke up early.
- read 1 book – ALMOST DONE!
- Contact vendors about styled shoot – Done and done!
- visit 3 different wedding venues – I moved this to August as I’ll have more time once Abbie is in school.
- blog at least 3 times a week – haha this was so hard! I would do good for a week and then not have time for the blog. NEED MORE TIME!
- book 1 wedding – In contact with a couple! 😍
- book 3 sessions for the following months – DONE & DONE! This surprised me!
- print Bridal Guides (so stoked) – still working on this one!
Okay, I’ll be the first to say that I was kind of bummed down that I didn’t complete some of the goals. But then I felt a gentle voice saying, “You did it. That’s all that matters. Small steps!”
So if you’re sitting there looking at the goals you made for July and getting disappointment, don’t. Even if you crossed off one goal, YOU DID IT!!!!